The Little Caesars Amateur Hockey League (LCAHL) Boundaries are defined as Toledo (southern boundary), Port Huron (east) [shown as 'Sarn', on map below], Midland /Bay City (north) and Grand Rapids(west).
When registering your team for the season, if your home arena is within these League Boundaries your application to the league is automatically approved provided you meet all other league eligibility requirements as defined by our Operating Rules.
If your home arena is outside of the League Boundaries, you have three options:
- Contract ice within the League Boundaries to host your home games and you will be considered in compliance with the League Boundaries or...
- Apply to LCAHL for an exemption or...
- Register with LCAHL and indicate that you wish to be included only if enough teams register in your local area that would allow a separate division to be created. (This options is intended for teams outside of the League Boundaries that would like to be a part of LCAHL. Teams choosing this option should not pay at Registration time but should wait for communication from the league indicating whether or not there are enough teams to create the division.)
Exemptions will be considered individually based on the following criteria:
- The number of teams your Association is placing into LCAHL for the season
- Your individual team's history with the LCAHL
- The geographic effect on your competitive division and
- The best interests of the LCAHL as a whole.
If you are unsure on whether or not you meet the League Boundaries requirements, please contact your Division Director or the LCAHL Operations Board, email below, and we will make a ruling for you.