If two or more teams have an equal number of points, their positions in the standings shall be determined by the following tiebreaker formulas.
2. Fewest goals allowed applied first to the games amongst the tied teams and then to all games played
3. If the tie still exists, the tiebreakers will be applied to the games played in the following order: 1. third period only, 2. second period only, 3. first period only
4. Application of the tiebreaker will be completed by the Little Caesar’s League Scheduler. Any disputes will be settled by the Board of Operations and their decision shall be final.
Points of Clarification in Applying the Tiebreaker –
1. When applying the tiebreaker for multiple positions (i.e. three teams tied when only two teams advance), the three teams will be evaluated until a clear winner is determined for first place. The remaining two teams will then be evaluated from the beginning of the tiebreaker formula until the second place finisher can be determined.
2. When applying the head-to-head format of Tiebreaker Number 1, the tiebreaker can be applied if all teams have not played each other only if one team has beaten or lost to all of the other teams in the tiebreaker. For instance, A beat B, A beat C, but B and C did not play. A would win the tiebreaker because the results of any game between B and C could not change the tiebreaker.
3. When applying a multiple team tiebreaker, if one or more teams distinguish themselves (positively or negatively) at any stage in the tiebreaker process they will be advanced or eliminated (depending on the situation) and the tiebreaker process will revert back to the start with the remaining teams. For instance, three teams are tied for the last playoff spot. Team A beat Team B 2-1, Team B defeats Team C 4-1 and Team C defeats Team A 3-2. In step one; all teams have 2 points in the games played amongst them. In Step two, Team A is +1, Team B is +1 and Team C is -2. Team C would be eliminated from this position tiebreaker and Teams A and B would revert back to the two team tiebreaker and Team A would advance based on their 2-1 victory over Team B. If there was a need for a second team advancing in the above scenario, teams B and C would revert back to the start of the tiebreaker and Team B would advance based on their 4-1 head-to-head victory.